Welcome to West Yellowstone, Montana!
All roads in Yellowstone are closed to regular vehicles except the road between the North Entrance at Gardiner and the Northeast Entrance at Cooke City.
The only access through the west entrance of Yellowstone at this time is by bicycle. The west entrance to Yellowstone National Park, along with select roads, opens to regular vehicle traffic on April 15.
Currently Open West Yellowstone Restaurants:
Master Restaurant List for Off Season2022 (PDF)
Below you will find a partial list of weekly activities and events happening in West Yellowstone. On our home page look under “play” for our calendar of events along with other useful and interesting information about our unique area.
Please be cautious of wildlife along and on the highways as they migrate thru our area!
When you visit West Yellowstone, Montana please practice appropriate measures to protect yourselves, the people of West Yellowstone as well as other visitors.
Events At A Glance:
- West Entrance to Yellowstone Closed for the Warm Season: November 7
- West Entrance to Yellowstone Closed for the Winter Season: March 15
- West Entrance to Yellowstone Opened for Bicycle-Only Traffic: March 25
- West Entrance to Yellowstone Opens for the Spring Season: April 15
- Historic Walking Tour: Self-guided, daily.
- Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center: Open daily.
- Buffalo Bar Trivia Nights: Tuesdays at 7:00 PM
- West Yellowstone Library Story Time: Wednesdays at 11:00 AM
- West Yellowstone Library Chess Club: Fridays at 4:00 PM
- Wild West Pizzeria Entertainment: Ongoing
- West Yellowstone Foundation Transit Bus: Tuesdays & Thursday