Sunday – Saturday,
May 21, 2023 – May 27, 2023
- Sunday: Mostly sunny with a high of 71F and a low of 38F.
- Monday: Mostly sunny with a high near 68F and a low of 34F.
- Tuesday: Partly cloudy with a high near 67F and a low of 40F.
- Wednesday: Rain possible. Cloudy with a high of 65F and a low of 37F.
- Thursday: Partly cloudy with a high near 68F and a low of 37F.
- Friday: Partly cloudy with a high near 67F and a low of 37F.
- Saturday: Rain possible. Cloudy with a high near 65F and a low of 36F.
Changing weather conditions exist. Be prepared when traveling through Yellowstone Country. Be prepared with layers! Up-to-date conditions at weather.gov
Yellowstone 2023 Spring Opening Dates
Roads will open at 8 am on the following dates (conditions permitting):
- NOW OPEN: West Entrance to Madison Junction, Mammoth Hot Springs to Old Faithful, Norris to Canyon Village
- NOW OPEN: East Entrance to Lake Village (Sylvan Pass), Canyon Village to Lake Village
- NOW OPEN: South Entrance to West Thumb, Lake Village to West Thumb, West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass), Tower Junction to Tower Fall, Between Cooke City, MT, on US-212 to Chief Joseph Scenic Byway (WY-296)
- May 26: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass), Beartooth Highway (US-212)
Check travel conditions:
- Montana travel conditions (1-800-226-7623)
- Wyoming travel conditions (1-888-996-7623)
- Idaho – 511.idaho.gov or dial 5-1-1.
- Yellowstone Road Conditions:
- For up-to-date information call (307) 344-2117 for recorded information, or sign up to receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone by texting “82190” to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions). Anticipate possible road closures due to inclement weather and dangerous driving conditions.