Sunday – Saturday
February 18, 2024 – February 24, 2024
- Sunday: Snow. Cloudy with a high of 30F and a low of 18F.
- Monday: Snow. Cloudy with a high near 36F and a low of 27F.
- Tuesday: Snow. Cloudy with a high near 36F and a low of 23F.
- Wednesday: Mostly cloudy with a high of 37F and a low of 17F
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 35F and a low of 18F.
- Friday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 34F and a low of 13F.
- Saturday: Partly cloudy with a high near 32F and a low of 15F.
Changing weather conditions exist. Be prepared when traveling through Yellowstone Country. Be prepared with layers! Up-to-date conditions at weather.gov
You cannot drive into Yellowstone National Park through the west entrance in your own vehicle at this time.
The only Yellowstone National Park road that is open to regular vehicle traffic year-round is the road from the north entrance at Gardiner to the northeast entrance at Cooke City. These are the only entrances open to regular vehicles at this time.
The west entrance to Yellowstone and select roads within the park opened to guided snowcoach and snowmobile tours on December 15th. Winter access through the west entrance of Yellowstone and into the interior of the park is via these guided trips only. This winter season is from December 15 to March 15.
The west gate to Yellowstone will reopen to regular vehicle traffic again on April 19.
Check travel conditions:
- Montana travel conditions (1-800-226-7623)
- Wyoming travel conditions (1-888-996-7623)
- Idaho – 511.idaho.gov or dial 5-1-1.
- Yellowstone Road Conditions:
- For up-to-date information call (307) 344-2117 for recorded information, or sign up to receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone by texting “82190” to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions). Anticipate possible road closures due to inclement weather and dangerous driving conditions.