March 27, 2021 – April 2, 2022:
- Sunday: Partly cloudy with a high near 56F. Low around 31F.
- Monday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 53F. Low around 26F.
- Tuesday: Snow possible. Mostly cloudy with a high near 43F. Low around 23F.
- Wednesday: Mostly sunny with a high near 48F. Low around 28F.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 40F. Low around 23F.
- Friday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 39F. Low around 21F.
- Saturday: Partly cloudy with a high near 43F. Low around 23F.
Changing weather conditions exist. Be prepared when traveling through Yellowstone Country. Up-to-date conditions at weather.gov
When visiting West Yellowstone, Montana please practice appropriate measures to protect yourselves, the people of West Yellowstone as well as other visitors. Click for current COVID-19 information.
All roads in Yellowstone are closed to regular vehicles except the road between the North Entrance at Gardiner and the Northeast Entrance at Cooke City.
The only access through the west entrance of Yellowstone at this time is by bicycle. The west entrance to Yellowstone National Park, along with select roads, opens to regular vehicle traffic on April 15.
2022 Yellowstone Spring Opening Dates:
Roads open to regular vehicles on the following dates:
- April 15: West Entrance to Madison Junction, Mammoth Hot Springs to Old Faithful, Norris to Canyon Village.
- May 6: East Entrance to Lake Village (Sylvan Pass), Canyon Village to Lake Village.
- May 11: Cooke City to Chief Joseph Scenic Byway
- May 13: South Entrance to West Thumb, Lake Village to West Thumb, West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass).
- May 27: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass), Beartooth Highway
2022 Yellowstone Fall Closing Dates:
Roads close to regular vehicles on the following dates:
- October 11: The Beartooth Highway (US-212) closes between the Long Lake barricade, near the Top of the World store, and the Montana/Wyoming state line.
- November 7: All roads close at 8:00 am except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast Entrance.
- Travel east of Cooke City, Montana, to Chief Joseph Scenic Byway is possible until early November. Check at WY DOT.
Check travel conditions:
- Montana travel conditions (1-800-226-7623)
- Wyoming travel conditions (1-888-996-7623)
- Idaho – 511.idaho.gov or dial 5-1-1.
- Yellowstone Road Conditions:
For up-to-date information call (307) 344-2117 for recorded information, or sign up to receive Yellowstone road alerts on your mobile phone by texting “82190” to 888-777 (an automatic text reply will confirm receipt and provide instructions). Anticipate possible road closures due to inclement weather and dangerous driving conditions.